Monday, February 1, 2010

work in progress

I spent the weekend in a quilting class all about using photographs to create quilts.

The woman who taught the class is genius and so inspiring. I have a lot of work ahead of me to finish this quilt, but I'll be excited to share it with her when I get there.




The photo: a view up through the workings to the ceiling of a historic carousel outside of Washington DC. I took this photo on a class trip in college, some 11 or so years ago.

The quilt so far: a bunch of cut out and Wonder-Under-ed fabric pinned to tracing paper.



I've got to do some experimenting to get the background, the underside of the roof, looking right, so I concentrated on the layers above that one over the weekend. I'm liking where it's going even if it does look vaguely like Japanese propoganda art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment